Skip to content

What kind of permit do I need?

One of the more challenging things we deal with, surprisingly, is the question, "What kind of permit do I need?"

That's because in New Brunswick's rural areas (and the four municipalities we provide planning and inspection services for) there are actually two kinds of permits: a building permit, and a less-onerous, sometimes-cheaper development permit. Development permits are usually for small, accessory structures.

Rather than use a lot of words, we're going to give you a graphic. Keep it or this pdf file  on hand if you have a project coming up this floor, or in the new year.